Take a birding tour in La Manzanilla mangrove or experience the magic of a whale watching tour. All tours are lead by expert bi-lingual guides.
- Mangrove Birding Tour (binoculars and bird list included)
- Morning Birding Tour: (includes transportation, binoculars, spotting scope) Departs from SUPlaneta office at 8:00 a.m. and goes till 10:00 a.m. We will check out some local hot birding spots within the tropical dry forest where we´ll see a variety of song birds and birds of prey, and a nearby wetlands where we will pick up shore and water birds. Natural history interpretation of tropical dry forest ecosystem provided as well. $
- Half Day Birding Safari (binoculars, spotting scope and snack included) Departs at 8:00 a.m. from SUPlaneta office and returns at noon. We hit some very hot birding spots along the Costalegre going all the way to the Chamela-Cuixmala Biosphere Reserve.
- Whale Watching Tour (binoculars, hydrophone and snack included, meets at 8:30 a.m. in front of bridge over arroyo where all the fishing boats are)
- Custom dates available by request.
- Cuzalapa Cultural Coffee & Birding Tour: Join us for an inland adventure to the Sierra Manantlán Biosphere Reserve where we´ll visit the women´s coffee cooperative “Color de la Tierra”. You´ll get a bird´s eye view of a century-old shade-grown coffee plantation and of the many birds that inhabit this unique habitat as we observe them within the coffee plantation canopy. As well, you´ll learn first-hand from the women who started and run this cooperative how it all works. Your bilingual guide provides interpretation. And, of course, you´ll get to sample the tastiest local organic shade-grown coffee in the region. Binoculars, snack and nutritious and delicious lunch prepared by the cooperative included.
- Custom dates available by request
Please inquire about setting up custom dates for all tours. We will do our best to accommodate you.
To sign up for a tour please stop by the office, call, or e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE New Office hours:
Tuesday 2:00 – 5:00
Wednesday – Friday 9:00 – 2:00
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 – 1:00
Office is located at María Asunción 49-A in front of Lidia´s Mini Market.
TEL. 315-351-5305, CEL. 315-112-0373
Also available SUP and kayak rentals.
Dave Collins has been involved in ecotourism and conservation for over a decade on the Costalegre and internationally. His titles have included Coordinator for Earthwatch Institute´s Mexican Mangroves and Wildlife Program and Nature Consultant for the Discovery Channel.
Dave is passionate about natural history and outdoor adventure, and sharing it with you!
Visited 2570 times, 6 Visits today