85 Maria Ascuncion La Huerta, 48898 La Manzanilla, Jal, Mexico
Fri-Sun 7-11 p.m. More during fiestas.
This little restaurant is a true jewel in La Manzanilla. It’s located at across the street from the Y in the street as you enter the main part of town. It’s ONLY OPEN ON WEEKENDS, so plan accordingly because if you miss the opportunity to dine here you’ll be missing out on an authentic La Manzanilla experience.
All of Lupita’s food is cooked fresh to order, topped with the traditional queso fresco (white dry Mexican cheese), radish and shredded lettuce or cabbage.
You’ll find her house-made fresh salsas in abundance on the tables. Just say, “Picante?” and they will point out which are picante (hot). It’s always good to clarify because she can really turn on the heat with her salsas!
Locals and expats agree, Lupita makes the best Posole in town. Other menu items include:
- Tostadas– pork, chicken, mixed, pata
- Enchiladas– picadillo (mixture of meat (usually ground beef), onions, garlic, tomatoes), cheese, or pork leg
- Sopes– Little masa (corn mixture used to make tortillas) patties topped with a choice of fillings, pork, picadillo, or cheese.
- Tamales– Chicken, pork, chile (raja’s) and cheese, spinach and cheese.
- Tacos Dorado– crispy fried corn tortilla’s filled with picadillo or potato and chorizo
- Sweet Tamales– Tamales Dulces- pineapple or strawberry
- Atole– a hot rice drink- The drink typically includes masa (corn hominy flour), water, cane sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Agua fresca– Jamaica or horchata. Jamaica is a tea made from a flower and served chilled. Horchata is a rice drink served very sweet.
- You must login to post comments